We both looked down at Lauren, sitting on the floor in front of us and smiled at her in a "I'm sorry we keep forgetting to do all the things you're supposed to do with your baby with you" kind of a way.
I've said it before. I'll say it again. The poor, poor second child.
|Boynton really understands|
the complexities of language.
And while she's still not in swimming lessons or using a spoon, I'm happy to say that this Mom of the Year has begun reading to Lauren each night.
Therefore, in honour of my awesome parenting abilities, I bring you the following list of: My Ultimate Favourite Lines from Kids Books. These books and these sentiments never fail to make me smile, weep, laugh and remind me of the happiest time in my life so far.
- "Mama's right here. And I always will be. You are my shining star. Mama's right here. Through the rest of your life. My love is wherever you are!" – Mama’s Right Here
- "I love you right up to the moon - and back" - Guess How Much I Love You
- "Once there was a tree... And she loved a little boy." - The Giving Tree
- "The moon is high. The sea is deep. They rock and rock and rock to sleep." - The Going to Bed Book
- "Sleeping in that cave was a very cranky… BEAR!!! ROAAAAR went the cranky bear. ROAR, ROAR, ROAR!" - The Very Cranky Bear
And one of personal favourites from my (a little bit older) childhood...
- “Are you there, God? It's me Margaret"
What are your faves?