(Pausing to let this fact sink in to the first-time Mama who can't believe her little wee baby is a walking, gibberish-talking TODDLER already!!!!)
In honour of Anna's up-coming month-a-versary, a little recap...
My 16 month old:
- Is about to get her 5th tooth. It's *just* about to pop through the gums.
- Says things in the most SERIOUS way. Complete with hand gestures, furrowed brow and everything. Of course, it's all gibberish. So far, all we can decipher is "Ah-dah, adah!"
- Fully understands what we're saying to her. Like - "Anna, is it time for a bath?" Her answer? Quickly hustling up to the bathroom, yelling excitedly and then trying to climb into the tub, fully clothed.
- Would probably starve if bananas weren't invented.
- Has just started wrapping both arms around my legs and sticking her head in between my thighs in classic, little-kid fashion. So. Cute.
- Likes you to know - in no uncertain terms - when you are sitting in her chair.
- Loves water. Hates juice. Has a slight allergy to milk. (But also loves it.)
- Would rather chew on her toothbrush than brush her teeth. But really, really loves her toothpaste.
- Climbs up onto EVERYTHING.
- Loves books, her little table and chairs and her shapes puzzle.
- Has taken to pooping right after we put her down to bed for the night. I think it's her way of saying "Um... no. I'm not ready for bed yet, thanks."
- Has soft, soft skin. And even softer hair.
- Is apparently starting to look more and more like me lately.
- Adores being outside. (Just like her Daddy).
- Is THE BEST little human that ever lived.
So says her very unbiased Mom.