Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This isn't really a Mama post...

...but it was on my mind. So there you go. A "not so" Mama post in the Not the Only Mama blog. Enjoy!

Whenever I get a bit glum, I have to try and remember to step back for a moment and think about what really, truly matters in life and all the good I've got going for me.

So that's what I'm going to do right now.

It's like Oprah always says. (Yes, I'm quoting Oprah. I love her.) Anyway. As Oprah says... You have a choice. You can either be a victim and feel all sorry for yourself. Or you can learn from it, move on, and be a better person. (I'm paraphrasing here... but you get the idea).

Therefore... without further adieu -

Hez's List of Things She's Grateful For:
  • When I was sad today and reached out to my family, you know what happened? My brother called me right away, my Mom called me right away, my Dad emailed me, my husband hugged me and made me cabbage rolls for dinner and my daughter smiled her 3-toothed grin at me. I'm a lucky gal.
  • My body is fit and healthy. Enough so to carry me through an 18km run on Sunday. And again through a nice little 5k tonight.
  • I have a nice home. An amazing family. I live in a cute little community. I have fantastic friends. (Really - why was I glum again??)
  • Did I mention the cabbage rolls? (They were really good).
  • I won FOUR free coffees during Roll Up the Rim this year. If that doesn't deserve a big, ol' "Woot!" I don't know what does.
  • Coffee in general needs to be on this list. Very grateful for the java.
  • Wine also deserves a special place on this list. Mmm... wine...
  • My daughter regularly walks up to me and shoots her arms straight up in the air, indicating she'd like me to pick her up. Melts my heart every time.
  • My in-laws are fantastic.
  • I'm basically surrounded by love.
My cup runneth over, yo.

Aaaahhh... I feel much better now. Thank you for obliging me.

1 comment:

  1. You are a lucky gal! But we are even more lucky to have you in our lives xxxooo

    ReplyDelete